Computerized Accounting is a system used to record transactions of a business into a computer and produce reports or information according to users’ requests. The system uses a computer and an accounting application software to collate all financial data or every financial transaction in a business to produce reports e.g. balance sheets, profit and loss accounts, bank reconciliation, balances, debts, sales reports etc within a single click of the computer software.
It is fast, effective and gives the best analysis of your business like a financial expert e.g. you can know which month had best sales, highest profit or loss, which customer brought in much profits or debts etc. It also helps in management of the employees. If you implement computerized accounting in your business, you will never lose even a single cent since everything that comes and goes out of your business is recorded.
Targets for this Course
This course is targeting project managers, financial controllers, accountants, clerks, bursar, NGO staff and employee, government civil servants, students in colleges or universities and other staff or individuals who want effectiveness in the business.
At the end of this course, the grandaunts will have gained skill, knowledge and experience in:
• Effective financial management at their firms or organizations
• Knowledge on financial data manipulation and production of company financial status
• Experience in interpreting financial data into east-to-read information
• Production of the company or organization financial status at any time within a click
• Ensure profits and losses are well displayed and accounted for
This course is structured in terms of topics. For the student to graduate, he or she must have completed the following units within 2 months
This course takes 1 month of full studies (6 days full training and 3 weeks online monitoring and examination)
The course structure, study materials, past papers, continuous assessment tests and final qualifying examination are provided by Helites College.
- Course Units
Getting Started with QuickBooks (Overview of Accounting Terms and Key Financial Reports, Creating a New Company and Importing Contact and Preferences)
- Setting Up QuickBooks for your Business (Introduction to Installation, Getting Around and Customizing the Icon Bar, Sample Files and File Types, Moving between Company Files and Getting Help with QuickBooks and Integrated Help)
- Working with Lists and Centers (Overview and Managing Lists, Customer / Job List, Vendor List, Items List, Asset list and Working with Customer)
- 4.Buying Goods/Selling Goods ( Estimates, Sales Orders, Invoices, Purchase Orders, Inventories Management and Bills)
- Receiving Payments and Making Deposits (Chart of Accounts,Customer and Payments Center, Petty cash management, Cash Sales and Making deposits)
- Customers and Managing Accounts Receivable (Working with Vendor Centers, Account Payable - Enter and Pay Bills, Entering Check, Debit Card Purchase, EFT Payments, Printing Checks
and Working with Registers)
- Reconciling Bank and Credit Card Accounts (Writing cheques,Transfer of funds,Banking Centre, Reconcile Bank Accounts and Loan management)
- Reports and Graphs (Report Center and Contributed Reports,Excel Integration and Data Refresh,Graphs and Company Snapshot and Budgeting, planning and forecasting)
- Exam and Practice (Corrections, Printing/Emailing/Saving documents,Payroll/Employee management and Practice and Continuous Assessment Test)
KCSE C plain or any diploma or degree from a recognized institution
- Download the application form Helites College Application or Apply Online
- Fill the form.
- Save it with your full name and course
- Send the filled form to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Write the subject of the email the name of the course
- Wait for your admission letter
- Pay full amount or first instalment vii) Register online and start receiving learning materials (online) or attend lessons (on-campus)
NB: Fees vary yearly depending on the dictates of the examination bodies and the training expenses. Check the fee structure attached in the Notice Board and Downloads