Public health is the science and art of preventing disease, prolonging life and promoting health through organized efforts and informed choices of society, organizations, public and private, communities and individuals.
It involves prevention of disease through vaccinations, health education, health promotion, disease surveillance and outbreak investigation & control, population control among other disciplines of public health. It is a course equal to medicine and surgery since it reduces the number of people who were to get sick hence reducing the burden to the healthcare facilities and mortality in a country.Targets for this Course
This course is targeting health managers, community leaders, NGO staff and employee, government civil servants, students in colleges or universities, unemployed people, proposal writers, programme managers, management and implementation staff.Learning Outcomes
At the end of this course, the grandaunts will have gained skill, knowledge and experience in:
- -Carry out appropriate needs assessment and demonstrate understanding of determinants of health.
- -Plan appropriate public health interventions and implement strategies that empower communities to undertake public health initiatives.
- -Apply strategies that focus on policy formulation, structural and environmental change.
- -Develop and implement partnerships for health
- -Communicate effectively with other professional and clients.
- -Demonstrate appropriate knowledge for conducting public health .
- -Organize, manage and evaluate public health interventions.
- -Demonstrate the application of appropriate information technology
This course is structured in terms of units. For the student to graduate, he or she must have completed the following units within one year.Course Duration: This course takes 12 months of full studies. Examining Body:
The course structure, study materials, past papers, continuous assessment tests and final qualifying examination are provided by Helites Affiliates. This is an internationally recognized examination body that administer examinations and certificates of completion and graduation for a number of international courses.Course Units
- Unit 1: Human Psychology
- Unit 2: Communication Skills
- Unit 3: Computer Application
- Unit 4: HIV, AIDS and STIs
- Unit 5: Human Anatomy and Physiology
- Unit 6: Primary Health Care
- Unit 7: Communicable Diseases and Non-Communicable Diseases
- Unit 8: First Aid
- Unit 9: Sociology
- Unit 10: Principles and Practice of Health Education
- Unit 11: Research Methods
- Unit 12: Health System Management
- Unit 13: Health Statistics
- Unit 14: Environmental Health
- Unit 15: Project Planning and Management
- Unit 16: Epidemiology
- Unit 17: Research Project and Practicum
- Download the application form Helites College Application or Apply Online
- Fill the form.
- Save it with your full name and course
- Send the filled form to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Write the subject of the email the name of the course
- Wait for your admission letter
- Pay full amount or first instalment vii) Register online and start receiving learning materials (online) or attend lessons (on-campus)